Patient dies in Elim Hospital after shower

Hospital negligence under investigation after elderly patient dies of burns from shower.

Ongoing complaints of shocking conditions at Elim Hospital in Limpopo have gone unresolved, and now an 83-year-old patient has died of third degree burns after being left to take a shower on her own.

Last Thursday Mujaji Manganye allegedly received no assistance when she went to take a shower. She stepped under scalding hot water and was overwhelmed. After sustaining bad burns she passed away.

This incident follows numerous complaints by the patients at Elim Hospital. Many claimed conditions in general were poor and staff were also negliglent. Now that a patient has actually died, patients in the hospital are in shock and fear….more

Advertisements

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s