COHRED Africa aims to promote the growth of LMIC capacity in research and innovation that will definitely change the way collaborative contracts, partnerships and ethical review takes place. [ http://africa.cohred.org/ ] We are giving you an early update of our activities we hope will make impact in 2017! Today, we would like to introduce you to three of our key developments currently underway in Africa as we strive to optimize health, equity and development in research and innovation. We would be delighted to hear from you – there are many exciting ways and opportunities for partnering and hope you will join us in exciting ventures in Africa and globally. We are ALL about GLOBAL IMPACT
FAIR RESEARCH CONTRACTING (FRC)
The goal of FRC is to inform and educate research partners, particularly in developing countries, on building sustainable, equitable partnerships by bridging the gap where there is limited:
- Research contracting knowledge
- Legal and policy implementation
We can assist by translating legal knowledge, policy and practice into strategic research frameworks. Fair Research Contracting has designed a number of solutions to assist your research institution’s infrastructure by enhancing your competitive advantage and building effective, sustainable research partnerships.
We currently offer services in the form of :
- Consultancy (contracting support)
- Guidelines and checklists
- An online toolkit
- Learn more: http://frc.cohred.org/
RESEARCH FAIRNESS INDEX (RFI)
The aim of the RFI is to create a reporting system that encourages governments, business, organisations and funders to describe how they take measures to create trusting, lasting, transparent and effective partnerships in research and innovation. We prioritize its application in global health because there are so many urgent health-related issues, but the RFI can be applied in any other setting as well.
In practice the RFI operates by providing a guide to high quality reporting on measures and conditions that promote fair research partnerships, the RFI encourages all stakeholders in research and innovation for health to describe what is done within their organisation to promote fair partnerships. Through our extensive global consultative process, we have identified 17 key areas of relevance to effective and lasting partnerships.
The RFI acknowledges that successful partnerships often start at personal level but are then continued at institutional or national levels. While mutual admiration, respect and friendship are essential to create the foundation of effective partnerships – it is the institutional and national dimensions of research collaboration that define how, ultimately, benefits are shared.
Learn more: http://rfi.cohred.org/
RHinnO ethics is a high quality, efficient and technology-driven software that enables the review of research protocols. This ensures that Research Ethics Committees (RECs) remain compliant to the demand of the 21st century “digital” researchers. RHInnO Ethics provides a one stop shop which enables administrators, researchers and reviewers to comprehensively manage the entire review cycle, including protocol submission, reviewing protocols, approval and follow-up through an online platform.
RHInno has the following advantages for 3 important stakeholders :
For Researchers, RHInnO Ethics can:
- Submit protocols and support documents online.
- Track the progress of your protocol.
- Receive automated notifications on the status of your protocol.
- Access reviewers’ comments online.
- Access institutional resources such as templates and policy guidelines electronically.
For Ethics Reviewers, RHInnO Ethics can:
- Receive and accept/decline invitations to review protocols electronically.
- Access assigned protocols and supporting documents electronically.
- Comment on assigned protocols and send your review report to the administrator electronically.
- Access available guidelines and policies for RECs electronically.
For Administrators, RHInnO Ethics can:
- Receive notifications when new protocols are submitted.
- Coordinate the beginning and end of a review cycle electronically (cycle management).
- Conduct a quick appraisal of protocols before sending to reviewers (internal review).
- Invite reviewers to review protocols electronically.
- Collate reviewers’ comments electronically and send to researchers.
- Monitor progress of protocol review online and alert reviewers of delays.
Learn more: http://www.rhinnolabs.com/
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. For a detailed discussion on how FRC, RFI and RHInnO can help you organization, please contact us COHRED Africa
Jacintha Toohey Executive DirectorBusiness Manager +27 33 260 5770 email@example.com
Ms Nivedhna Singh+27 33 260 6165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Council on Health Research for Development, Africa (COHRED Africa), Suite 281, Private Bag X6,, Cascades, Pietermaritzburg, 3202 South Africa